Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Broken Oven and Paths

Tonight, I attempted to make a simple dinner of roasted chicken, red skin potatoes, onion, and carrots in my lovely cast iron skillet. I was thwarted by the oven deciding it was not willing to go above 200 degrees. Slow roasting a chicken isn't really what I had in mind. 

We ended up going out for sushi. It was lovely to sit down with my husband and enjoy dinner and just talk. The chicken can go in a crock pot tomorrow, with the vegetables, and cook down into a gorgeous stew. Sushi and meaningful conversation trump roast chicken any day.

I'm having a difficult time deciding on the direction for this blog. I want to write about food. I enjoy cooking. I also want to write about social media, Lansing, and yoga. It's my blog, I'll do what I want!

I'm having a blast going to the various networking events and social meetings around town. I'm loving my new side gig as the "Promotions Manager" of Just B Yoga. Trying to figure out where these paths are leading me...but I'm beginning to realize that I need to roll with everything that is going on and just see where I end up.

Loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment