Friday, August 19, 2011

Push Paws

On my morning walk/run, I typically see one to three fluffy tailed bunnies. On my bike ride to work yesterday morning, I saw a doe and two fawns prance out of the mist. They're simply existing and are beautiful at it. Walking or biking in the early morning hours lets me get my cardio in and it gives me time to reflect and to breathe.

The Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon cycled through on my old MP3 player (I haven't changed the music in six years). A bunny paused to stand up on it's hind legs and look at me...before promptly running off. The sky was still dark, the stars and moon were shining, and it was quiet except for a few early rising birds.

A song that is floating around my mind lately is one on being where you are and excelling with what you're doing. It is from my Catholic grade school. My sister and I sang it often.

Bloom, bloom, bloom where you're planted - you will find your way. Bloom, bloom, bloom where you're planted - you will have your day. Look at the flowers, look at them growing, they never worry, they never work...yet look at the way our Father has clothed them. Each with a beauty all of its own.

Push pause. I need to slow down and actually take time to revel in the small things instead of think about taking time with them. I need to sit and be here. Animals seems to do this so easily. A happy-go-lucky dog is where he is, with who he is with, with whatever he is about to eat or drool over. While I was stretching, my cat came up to me and nuzzled against my side, walking back and forth to get petted and purring the entire time. Small things. Lessons animals already seem to get. Push paws.

Somewhere along the way I become wrapped up in pushing forward, doing more and more and more. Although I appreciate time and being okay with less and appreciating how great small things are...I don't act on it. I haven't taken the time to sit in it all. When I finished my walk I took a moment to check out North Star, the moon and to breathe. Just breathe. Now to go on and just be.

Push paws. Let love in. Do.

No comments:

Post a Comment